Welcome to Sinclairville's Bank
The bank building in Sinclairville has, for many years, been the
site of the Sinclairville Post Office. Recently, the Postal Service found it necessary to move its facility to a location which could
accommodate more parking. The second floor of the bank building consists of apartments. Although the bank building is one of the older buildings in Sinclairville, very little is known about its construction and the businesses which occupied it. According to Sinclairville historian Donald Jordan, three cancelled checks have been obtained which indicate the owners of the Bank. The first check was written in the 1890. The bank was then owned by Joy Love & Son Bankers. The second check was drawn on B.G. Tiffany & Co bank on June 1, 1918. Finally, a check was written withdrawing funds from the Sinclairville State Bank in February of 1919. According to Mr. Jordan, the Sinclairville State Bank was closed due to a Bank Holiday initiated by President Roosevelt.
Sinclairville looked like in the 1800s
Village of Sinclairville
Sinclairville Free Library