Part Time Librarian
The Olean Public Library is seeking a part time librarian to provide reference service and computer instruction.
• Provide reference and readers’ advisory service
• Provide instruction in both print and electronic resources
• Provide individual assistance and instruction, including one-on-one computer tutoring, to meet the needs and abilities of patrons using the library’s public computer center. Areas of instruction will include, but not be limited to, the following: basic computer skills; setting up and using e-mail; searching the Internet; and using Microsoft Office applications.
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong public service orientation
• Tact and courtesy in dealing with the public
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to communicate library policies and procedures to the public
• Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Includes some evenings and weekends.
ALA accredited MLS and NYS Public Librarian Certificate preferred, but will consider a student enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school.
Position available immediately. Resumes accepted until position is filled. Send resume and cover letter to: