A 3-Part Series Taught by Jean McGowan
10 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Nov. 15: The Basics
10 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Nov. 29: More Features
10 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Dec. 11: Calendaring and Final Questions
Designed for library staff, volunteers, Friends, and trustees
Available live at Prendergast Library in Jamestown or by videoconfer-encing at the Dunkirk Free Library and Olean Public Library
Please register by Nov. 5 by sending your library name, attendees’ names, and location preferred
to Anne Plyler by email at
email@example.com or on delivery, Attn. Anne Plyler.
Supported by Federal Library Services and Technology Act funds, awarded to the New York State Library by the Federal Institute of Museum and Library Services.
More exciting and connected than ever before, Microsoft Outlook 2010 is the most powerful way to stay in touch with the people and information you care about most. See updates from your favorite social networking sites right within Outlook, and enjoy improved email and calendaring tools that make your world more fluid, organized, and fun.
- Synchronize multiple email accounts from services such as Hotmail, Gmail, or just about any other provider to Outlook 2010
- New conversation-management tools enable you to save valuable inbox space by turning dozens of email messages into just a few conversations using the new Clean Up feature
- Conveniently and efficiently schedule appointments, share your calendar, and manage your schedule
- Enhanced Search Tools provide you with ways to quickly find and manage large quantities of email, calendar items, tasks, and contacts
- Get additional information about people, such as mutual connections and other social information, through SharePoint My Site or other popular third-party sites, to stay on top of your business and social circles
- Improved connectivity with Microsoft Exchange Server supports the use and management of multiple Exchange Server email accounts in one location
- Save time by creating and defining multistep tasks that you can execute with a single click, including reply and delete, move to a specific folder, create and send a new email message to an assigned group, and more
- Grab your readers’ attention by using compelling visuals such as prebuilt SmartArt graphics, Office themes, and Styles
- Use Outlook Social Connector to quickly view the history of email messages, meetings, or attachments you receive